Sunday 9 October 2016

Yuzu at Church Lane

480 Collins Street, Melbourne


Named after one of my favourite fruits, the yuzu fruit, Yuzu Cuisine is a popular restaurant for business lunches and drinks on Collins Street. Although the address is noted as 480 Collins Street, the entrance of Yuzu is actually on Church Lane, which is reflected in some places which refer to the restaurant as Yuzu on Church Lane.

Church Lane

Extensive bar area

Separated dining area

Yuzu mocktail

Yuzu iced tea

I personally love the citrus fruit know as yuzu and take any opportunity to order something flavoured with it. So when I saw the drinks menu at Yuzu Cuisine I was delighted and instantly ordered a drink. Although the drinks were quite expensive I absolutely adored them, as they contained the lovely flavour of yuzu while not being overly sweet.

Miso soup

Wafu eye fillet beef set $20.90

I chose to have the wafu eye fillet beef set because I wanted something slightly more substantial, as I was quite hungry. The quality of absolutely everything in the set was amazing. Not only was the beef tender, flavourful and well seasoned, but none of the other elements were looked over as well, such as the tender and crispy chicken karaage, the sushi and sashimi or even the rice. 

Chirashi zushi $20.90

My friend chose to have the chrashi zushi as they were looking for a lighter meal in terms of both flavour and size. I have personally tried chirashi zushi at a number of different restaurants around Melbourne and would have to say that this one tops them all. The beautiful arrangement of fresh fish on top of a seasoned bed of sushi rice was elevated to a higher level with the addition of small amounts of mushroom, which added an earthiness to the dish.

Yuzu Cuisine is a great place for a lunch, whether you are passing by or working in the city. The only thing I could find wrong with Yuzu Cuisine if I were nitpicking was that the serving sizes were quite small and the price was high, although that is definitely reflected in the quality of the food and drinks.





Food Rating 8/10
Overall Rating 8/10
Yuzu Cuisine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato