Wednesday 12 April 2017

Hakata Gensuke Hawthorn

4/860 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn

As a person that loves ramen, I have tried Hakata Gensuke on multiple occasions. However, the Hakata Gensuke branch in Hawthorn offers the special aka tonkotsu, which incorporates the flavour of spicy cod roe in the soup, which I was very interested in trying.


Chicken karaage

Gyoza

The side dishes on offer were of the same high quality that you would find at any other Hakata Gensuke restaurant in Melbourne.

Original tonkotsu

Aka tonkotsu

I ordered the aka tonkotsu, which was a lot lighter in colour than I expected after seeing the photos and menu. Although it was quite light, the distinct flavour of the spicy cod roe shone through and was a dimension of flavour that I appreciated. Other than the flavour of the broth, the noodles were cooked exactly as I requested it.

I would definitely recommend going to the Hawthorn branch of Hakata Gensuke to try the aka tonkotsu ramen if you are a lover of ramen. The flavour profile is quite a bit different from any others I have had in Melbourne.




Food Rating 8/10
Overall Rating 8/10


Hakata Gensuke Ramen Professionals Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato