Wednesday 1 February 2017

Vinh Ky

114 Victoria Street, Richmond


Vinh Ky is a Chinese-Vietnamese restaurant in the heart of Melbourne's Vietnamese community in Richmond. I came here with family for lunch, as we were in Richmond and it is a place that my mum enjoys having a casual lunch at.


Coconut juice

Dumpling with egg noodle soup

The broth in the noodle soup was on the salty side, but the flavour was still decent. The dumplings in the noodle soup resembled wontons so much that I almost though that I had received the wrong dish, which was not necessarily a bad thing, as I quite enjoy wontons.

Hainan chicken rice

The Hainan chicken rice was a mix of good and terrible. While the rice was flavoured heavily with garlic, I found it quite pleasant, however the chicken was some of the worst that I have ever had. The chicken was beyond dry so that it was barely edible and to make things worse, there were shards of broken bone scattered throughout the chicken. A truly disappointing dish.




Food Rating 5.5/10
Overall Rating 5.5/10
Vinh Ky Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato