Tuesday 24 May 2016

BBQ Code

249 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley

Lately I have been going through a Korean phase, having visited many Korean restaurants in the past week or two. This time I had my sight sets on the Korean BBQ of BBQ code which is a newer restaurant and one of the only Korean BBQ restaurants in Glen Waverley.


 Tucked away in a corner

 Relatively empty weekday night

When we arrived it was already quite late and the restaurant was almost empty which surprised me as it was usually quite busy when I walk past.

 Side dishes

Even more side dishes

I really enjoyed the variety of side dishes they offered, service was also very attentive as the meat on the grill was always attended to and our side dishes were kept topped up as we finished them off.

 Seafood pancake $18.00

Whenever I go to a Korean restaurant I always try to order at least one of my two favourite Korean dishes, the pancake or the tteokbokki. I went for the pancake this time and really enjoyed the crispy texture. The unusual addition of fresh chilli added a nice flavour, especially for a spice lover such as myself. However as it is a seafood pancake, I found it to be a bit lacking in that department as there was not as much seafood as I was hoping there would be.

 Beef set $88.00 

The beef set consisted of ox tongue, a steak and marinated ribs as well as a kimchi soup and japchae. While the meat was pretty standard for Korean BBQ there was quite a lot of it and it was cooked well as the staff were very attentive. The kimchi soup that came with the set had a good amount of spice to it which I enjoyed. The japchae was also cooked nicely and had some good flavours.

 Kimchi soup

 Japchae


Before we dined at BBQ Code I was a bit skeptical since there were mixed reviews for the restaurant, however we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and as well as having good service, it was also quite good value for money, I would definitely like to come here again when I am around Glen Waverley.




Food Rating 7.5/10
Overall Rating 8.5/10
BBQ Code  Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato