Thursday 12 May 2016

Journeyman

169 Chapel Street, Windsor

I have heard many great things about Journeyman, however I don't often have time to eat breakfast out, so when I found myself debating suggestions for breakfast with some friends, I took the opportunity to make sure we ended up here.


Busy weekday

Large and stylish space

I was expecting a long wait from what I had heard about the place, but we were swiftly led to a table by a very polite waitress.

Busy kitchen

All day menu

Strong Latte $4.00

Chai Latte $4.50

The Chai latte had a beautiful scent when it arrived and after trying it, the taste expectations matched the one left by the scent.

Toasted Waffles $15.00

The toasted waffles were presented beautifully with fresh fruits, smoked maple syrup and blueberry compote. I love a good waffle and although it tasted amazing, it was really sweet and not as suitable for us since we were having breakfast while tired.

Smashed Avocado $19.00

Journey Eggs Benedict $19.00

The eggs benedict were an amazing combination of the traditional eggs and hollandaise sauce combined with the ever present pork and apple. Originally we each ordered one of these, however after tasting it we immediately ordered another, possibly one of the best breakfast dishes I have tried.

Chilli Scrambled Eggs $18.00

The chilli scrambled eggs were creamy and had a nice chilli kick, which was a good way to wake me up a little. To be honest though, even though the chilli scrambled eggs were amazing, to me the real star of the dish was the mozzarella, basil and baguette. 

Journeyman is a great way to enjoy breakfast for any occasion, whether it be a breakfast by yourself or with friends. The menu has a good variety of different breakfast or brunch dishes and the food that we ordered was lovely. I would highly recommend anybody who is willing to head to Windsor for breakfast to try out Journeyman.




Food Rating 9/10
Overall Rating 9.5/10
Journeyman Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato