Saturday 7 May 2016

Moo Moo Pho

281 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne

Being the new kid on the block, I was very interested when I walked by the recently opened Moo Moo Pho while I was looking for a place for dinner. The menu offers many classic Vietnamese favourites such as Pho and other noodle soups but also has interesting items such as different types of burgers. Enticed by the exciting menu I decided that I definitely needed to try this restaurant. 


Hard to miss shopfront

 The history of Pho

Blue raspberry soda
 Three colour - Che Ba Mau $4.90

A traditional beverage made of kidney beans, mung beans, a green noodle like jelly with pandan and coconut milk with crushed ice, the three colour drink is a great beverage to have by itself as a dessert or with food.


 Prawn Spring Rolls - Cha Gio $7.50


The prawn spring rolls were cooked and seasoned nicely, with a great crunch when you bite into them. The sauce also added an extra level of saltiness to the dish which worked well.

 Spicy Beef Noodle Soup - Bun Bo Hue $11.90

Bun Bo Hue is a dish that I have been having since I was young, traditionally quite spicy with strong flavours it has always been a favourite of mine. However the Bun Bo Hue I ordered here did not have those strong flavours that I love, nor was it spicy at all. I feel like the restaurant may have hesitated in using the strong and spicy flavours in order to appeal to more people, but in doing so, did not capture the essence of the dish that I remembered from other places.

With a unique menu, good prices and being located right outside Melbourne Central this is a good place for commuters or students to have a meal. However there are many more traditional Vietnamese restaurants in Melbourne if you are willing to travel a bit to Richmond or Springvale and want a more authentic taste.



Food Rating 6.5/10
Overall Rating 6.5/10
Moo Moo Pho Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato