Wednesday 19 July 2017

Añada

197 Gertrude Street, Melbourne


Spanish restaurants are one of my favourite destinations when I head out to eat, as I can always look forward to enjoying the well rounded hearty flavours and great Spanish wines. From the large selection of Spanish tapas restaurants in Melbourne, Añada has to be one of my favourites, with a lovely, cosy interior and great staff, Añada makes you feel welcome before you even try any of their delectable food offerings.

Sangria

Patatas bravas

Patatas bravas is a very well known dish and served in almost all of the Spanish tapas restaurants I have visited. The dish served at Añada contained potatoes that were fried well, with a good balance of the sauce and aioli.

Crispy eggplant

Arroz negro paella, calamari, prawns, mussels, trevally & ink


Chargrilled Angus rump cap


Although all of the dishes at Añada were exceptional, I particularly enjoyed the chargrilled Angus rump cap. Every element of the dish was prepared to a high standard, with amazingly cooked beef and a hint of horseradish, which gave it a little flavourful kick that I was not used to, but enjoyed immensely.

Crema catalana

As a lover of desserts and all things sweet, as well as having trained as a pastry chef, I was quite embarrassed by the fact that I had never heard of crema catalana before. The smooth custardy dessert was very similar to the French creme brulee, but was more fragrant and had a lovely orange flavour spread throughout it.

Añada is definitely a restaurant I look forward to visiting and is usually the first on my mind when I am thinking about Spanish food. With a great food offering as well as an expansive Spanish drinks menu and friendly team of staff, you can easily see why Añada is one of the best.





Food Rating 9/10
Overall Rating 9/10
Añada Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato