Tuesday 5 December 2017

Ampang Tofu

13 Village Avenue, Doncaster

Ampang Tofu is a popular Malaysian restaurant located within Village Avenue in Doncaster, along with a selection of other small restaurants and take-outs. I find myself visiting Ampang Tofu quite often, as a good friend of mine lives in the area, but it is often quite hard to find a table available, as I have never seen Ampang Tofu when they aren't busy.


Ampang Tofu

Ampang Yong Tau Foo - Dry

Ampang Yong Tau Foo - Tom Yum

Ampang Tofu is one of my favourite places in Melbourne for Yong Tau Foo, which is a dish found in many Asian countries which consists of stuffed tofu and vegetables along with other various items, such as fish balls and dumplings. I chose to have the tom yum soup as my base since it was best of the choices available. Although I was impressed by the flavour of the soup and the balance of the dish, the real star of the dish was the various pieces of stuffed tofu and vegetables.

Although I have had better variations of this dish overseas in Hong Kong, Ampang Tofu has delivered some of the best and most consistent Yong Tau Foo that I have tried in Melbourne. Unfortunately, they are a bit out of the way, but if you ever find yourself in the eastern suburbs with a craving for Asian food, I would definitely give them a try!




Food Rating 8.5/10
Overall  Rating 8/10
Ampang Tofu Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato