Monday 11 April 2016

Duchess of Spotswood

87 Hudsons Road, Spotswood

A small and stylish brunch spot only a couple of minutes from Spotswood train station, it was the perfect location to fill up before we headed off the spend the day at the nearby Scienceworks Museum. Having heard previous praise for the location I was eager to try it out.

Small brunch spot minutes from the train station

 Duchess of Pork $18.50

While I was going through the menu the Duchess of Pork was the first thing that caught my eye, as a lover of sourdough, eggs and pork it seemed like a no brainer.

As the plate was set down in front of me, the scent of the truffle oil instantly drifted through the air. The toasted sourdough and perfectly cooked eggs were a great combination with the crispy block of pork jowl and was quite filling. However as this was the first meal of the day for me, the strong flavours and oily dish overwhelmed me slightly, only a slight oversight in an otherwise good and filling dish!


Prince of Wales $19.00

My partner had the Prince of Wales which was a combination of grilled salmon, baba ghanoush, flatbread, poached eggs and a mint, coriander and chilli salad. As I already had quite a substantial dish in front of me, I had to politely decline an offer to try the dish, however it looked amazing and the poached eggs were perfectly cooked, nice and runny.




Unfortunately the cutlery was covered in watermarks and other stains and I had to look for a slightly cleaner set from one of the adjacent tables, however this was more than made up for with a good atmosphere and open kitchen as well as good and filling dishes.



Food Rating 7/10
Overall Rating 7/10

Duchess of Spotswood Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato