Tuesday 22 May 2018

Mr Miyagi

99 Chapel Street, Windsor

For me, Mr Miyagi has long been one of those restaurants which has had mixed reviews. On one hand, they have many stellar online reviews which has put them on my list of restaurants to visit, while on the other hand, many of my friends and colleagues who have visited Mr Miyagi have been left with a sub-par experience. With such polarizing reviews I decided that I would need to visit and judge them for myself.


Edamame

Miyagi Fried Chicken

Although Mr Miyagi has a great range of Japanese inspired drinks and dishes, they are perhaps most well known for their Miyagi Fried Chicken. A long time ago I didn't really think too much of fried chicken, as although I love the dish, I felt that the creative liberty you can take with it is somewhat limited. However, as I discovered more and more establishments offering their own special variations I realised that it could be so much more. The fried chicken at Mr Miyagi was cooked so that it had a crispy coating with a juicy center, while the "MFC seasoning" added accentuation to the juicy chicken and the Kewpie mayo on the side tied it all together.

Now that I've visited Mr Miyagi for myself, I can honestly dismiss the doubts I had about them before. Their menu of both comfort food and beers, as well as their Japanese fusion dishes and cocktails is sure to have something for any occasion. Their staff were also lovely during the evening and one of the waitresses even chased us down the road as I had left my camera behind. Against the recommendation of my friends, I will definitely be visiting Mr Miyagi again!






Food Rating 8/10
Overall Rating 8.5/10
Mr. Miyagi Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato