Wednesday 29 November 2017

Hunky Dory

171-175 Maroondah Highway, Ringwood

When you think of fish and chips in Australia, most people might think of the dingy old corner shop selling oil soaked fish and frozen chips. Hunky Dory has been changing that view since they first opened in 2004 by offering an expansive menu with a range of different seafood and flavours, while still offering the classic fish and chip favourites.


Hunky Dory

Spotless kitchen

Salt and pepper calamari

I ordered the salt and pepper calamari after finishing my main grilled fish dish, as my friends guaranteed me that it would be amazing. Although the dish was quite basic, the calamari was perfectly cooked and possibly some of the most tender calamari I have ever tried.

Grilled flavours from around the world - The Latino

For my main dish, I chose to try their grilled fish with Greek salad instead of the usual fried fish and chips. My expectations for the dish were set incredibly high, as my friends had told me the first time they tried this dish was a life changing experience. While the fish was cooked well and the mix of Mediterranean and Latino flavours were quite enjoyable, I would have to say that it definitely was not a life changing dish.

Hunky Dory is a great place to visit for your seafood fix and with 8 stores around Melbourne you won't need to travel too far to find one. Although they aren't the life changing experience that was described to me by my friends, I would still definitely recommend giving Hunky Dory a visit, as they are far above most other local fish and chip shops.





Food Rating 7.5/10
Overall Rating 7.5/10
Hunky Dory Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato