Wednesday 20 July 2016

Ohsso

28 Hardware Lane, Melbourne

Ohsso is a small Korean restaurant located down by the Collins Street end of Hardware Lane. I have walked past the restaurant many times while heading towards Flinders Street Station, but I have never had a chance to try it. 

Collins Street end of Hardware Lane

Takeaway street food

They have a small window area where they offer Korean street food style takeaway such as dokbokki in paper cups or bowls, soups and fishcake skewers. This takeaway window always draws me towards the restaurant, as I have always enjoyed the atmosphere of the overseas street food stalls, such as in Hong Kong's Mong Kok.

The kitchen

Lunch bibimbap

Dokbokki $10.00

The dokbokki served here is the no frills version of dokbokki. There are no vegetables or fancy garnishes that some other restaurants have, which is most likely due to them storing the dokbokki for longer periods of time for takeaway customers. Although the flavour of the dish was good, I felt like the rice cakes were on the chewy side.

Mandoo with cabbage salad $7.00

The dinner menu had a lot of different dishes which I was interested in trying. Unfortunately the dish I originally ordered had run out as I was dining quite late. I ended up just ordering my usual Korean street food favourites, although I would definitely like to come back and try some of their more unique dishes.



Food Rating 7.5/10
Overall Rating 7.5/10
Ohsso Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato