Thursday 21 July 2016

Tetsujin

Level 4, Emporium Melbourne, 295 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne

Tetsujin is a Japanese restaurant which gives you the option of either sitting at the sushi train, or the main restaurant area where you can order from their BBQ menu. I ended up at Tetsujin with a craving for Japanese food, however, I chose a seat in front of the sushi train as I was dining by myself.


Stylish storefront

The sushi train

Oyster with ponzu jelly $3.30

Seared scallop nigiri $3.30

Hoke roll $3.30

Uni gunkan $4.80

Arc shell nigiri $5.00

Toro nigiri $4.80

Spicy seared salmon nigiri $3.30

Raspberry lemonade

All of the sushi on the sushi train cost $3.30 and was similar in quality to the standard sushi you would find on any sushi train. They also offered some more premium types of sushi, such as the toro nigiri and uni gunkan which you could order from their menu. I found most of the sushi that I took from the train to be of decent quality, while the toro nigiri was absolutely lovely. Unfortunately I felt that the uni gunkan I ordered was not as fresh as it could have been.

The service at Tetsujin was quick and efficient but it also felt quite rushed as there were waiters and waitresses running around everywhere. Although the sushi at Tetsujin was only of average quality, I would definitely like to come back to try out their BBQ menu.



Food Rating 6.5/10
Overall Rating 7/10
Tetsujin Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato