Saturday 2 July 2016

Warra Warra

Shop 19 & 20, Tivoli Arcade/ 235-251 Bourke Street, Melbourne


When it comes to Korean food there is an abundance of restaurants to choose from in the city. One of these is Warra Warra, a small Korean kitchen hidden behind Tivoli Arcade that has been operating for quite a few years and is a restaurant that I used to frequent. Finding myself in the city on a cold winter night, I thought it would be a great excuse to visit an old favourite.


Tucked behind Tivoli Arcade

With both indoor seating and larger outdoor tables Warra Warra can cater for both casual diners or large groups. 

Open kitchen

Sunflower seeds

Pickled onion & kimchi

BBQ Pork & Calamari Bulgogi $17.50


The menu has changed since my last visit to Warra Warra a couple of years ago, with some of the older items removed creating a smaller and more basic menu. However despite the changes to the menu, the quality of the food has kept the high standards that I enjoyed. The BBQ pork and calamari bulgogi had just the right amount of heat and was cooked nicely with tender calamari and pork.

Although the food was still a highlight of Warra Warra, the level of service has dropped by quite large amount. As I arrived I was quickly shuffled to a seat by a tired looking waitress who quickly took my order. Originally I thought that would be the worst of it so I did not give it any thought, however the food took over 40 minutes to arrive and tables that arrived after me were served before I was.

Hopefully the lapse in service was just a bad day as one of the best things about the Warra Warra I remember was the brilliant service and I would love to return to dine here again.



Food Rating 8/10
Overall Rating 7/10
Warra Warra Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato