Wednesday 10 August 2016

Bibimfresh

Shop 9, 108 Bourke Street, Melbourne

I have made it no secret that one of my favourite style of comfort foods on a cold winter night is Korean food. But as much as I love Korean food, I sometimes hope for a little more variety in the ingredients than the casual spicy beef or pork offered at most Korean restaurants. So when Bibimfresh opened recently, I was excited to try it out as they offer not only great and fresh food, but also the ability to choose different options and build your own bibimbap.


Korean signs

Clean and spacious interior

Side dishes

Miso soup

Traditional bibimbap with ssamjang, spicy pork and fried tofu $15.30


I had the traditional bibimbap with spicy pork and fried tofu, but chose to have the ssamjang, which was a bit sweeter and had a slightly more complex flavour than the traditional spicy gochujang. The bibimbap had a good balance of textures, with contrast from the fried tofu and vegetables as well as the light, yet deep flavour from the ssamjang.

Traditional bibimbap with ssamjang and fresh salmon $15.60


My friend ordered the same style of bibimbap as me but chose fresh salmon and a poached egg instead of a fried egg for their toppings. This bibimbap was a lot lighter and fresher than the heavier flavours I chose.

With a great range of ingredient choices for a single dish, as well as other Korean favourites, Bibimfresh is a great place to go for lunch or dinner. The relatively cheap and filling dishes as well as the friendly and helpful staff make visiting Bibimfresh a pleasant experience and I will be eager to return.




Food Rating 8/10
Overall Rating 8.5/10
Bibimfresh Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato