Sunday 21 August 2016

Cupcake Central

Melbourne Central, 257/211 La Trobe Street, Melbourne

Cupcake Central is a small cupcake store tucked away around the corner of the Melbourne Central food court. They boast many things, from a delicious and wide range of cupcakes and beverages, to cupcake workshops and masterclasses. I found myself here looking for a quick afternoon pick me up snack.


Cupcake kitchen

Cupcake display

More cupcakes on display!

Cupcake central

Red velvet, caramel pear crumble, PB&J and citrus earl grey

We chose to have four different cupcakes to try out a different range of flavours. The cupcakes normally cost $4.50 each but cost $17 in a set of 4. The flavours of each cupcake were well pronounced, however in some cases either the flavour of the cupcake or icing overpowered the other. The biggest culprits were the PB&J cupcake, where the icing had a delicate peanut flavour which was overpowered by the immensely sweet cupcake, and the citrus earl grey cupcake in which the citrus flavour overpowered the earl grey. Other than the flavour components, the cupcake bases were not too dry in the center, however they were slightly denser than I would have liked.

One thing I really enjoyed about Cupcake Central, that would definitely make me come back was the service. We were served by an absolutely lovely waitress who was very friendly and informative, as well as patient since we took quite a long time deciding our flavours.

Overall a great sugary pick-me-up for the afternoon. Although I could have picked a few areas that I would have liked a little improvement, most of it would just come down to personal preference.




Food Rating 7/10
Overall Rating 8/10



Cupcake Central Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato