Saturday 23 June 2018

Bottega

74 Bourke Street, Melbourne

Located on the Bourke Hill precinct of Melbourne's Bourke Street, Bottega is a small restaurant with a fine dining interior that serves an interpretation on modern Italian cuisine as well as a range of local and imported wines.


 Taleggio & leek croquettes

 Caciocavallo all'argentiere - Sicilian pan-fried cheese, roast chestnuts, beer jelly


Whenever I spot a new and exciting dish on a menu, I can't stop myself from ordering it and trying it out. When I read that there was a pan-fried cheese with beer jelly on the menu, I could not even begin to imagine how the dish would look or taste. Fortunately it was quite enjoyable, although I'm not sure if I would order it again myself.

 Saffron risotto, scallop carpaccio, fennel pollen

The saffron risotto was tinted a lovely and deep yellow from the saffron which was visually appealing, although it was very hard to pin down any of the subtle flavour that saffron can impart to a dish. This is not to say that the saffron risotto was not a good dish though, as the texture of the risotto was very pleasant and the flavour the scallop carpaccio added to the dish was beautiful and mellow. 

Bottega is definitely a great place to visit for a special occasion, with friendly staff and a great range of Italian dishes and wine. Theater-goers will also be happy to know that they also offer a pre-theater menu as well as private dining options.





Food Rating 8/10
Overall Rating 8/10
Bottega Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato