Tuesday 12 June 2018

Yami Yami

1D Bank Street, Box Hill

Although Yami Yami has 3 restaurants throughout Melbourne, I have only ever visited their Box Hill location. They mainly serve a large variety of Korean comfort foods, which makes it a great place to visit if you aren't quite sure what you want to eat. But as they are a Korean/Japanese restaurant, if you look closely at their menu you will notice that they also serve some Japanese favourites, such as takoyaki and karaage.


Bulnak jeongol

There really is nothing better than a spicy Korean stew to warm yourself up during the cold winter days. While I usually go for the budae jjigae, or Korean army stew, I am also a fan of seafood, so I chose to have the seafood variant instead.

I am a bit divided when it comes to the food at Yami Yami. While I was quite pleased with the stew we were served, as it was an incredibly cold day, looking back on it there really was not much that was special about it. I would definitely not say it was bad, as I did enjoy it, but I felt like I would have enjoyed a stew at any other Korean restaurant just as much.

Despite this, I would still recommend visiting Yami Yami for some solid Korean dishes, as not only was the food enjoyable, but the staff were friendly as well.




Food Rating 7/10
Overall Rating 7/10


Yami Yami - Box Hill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato