Monday 18 September 2017

NeNe Chicken

Shop 2, 410 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne

As a food blogger, I have had my fair share of bad restaurant experiences and even though I usually give the restaurant the benefit of the doubt along with a second chance, my visit to NeNe Chicken was marred with a plethora of issues. While I have been to NeNe Chicken before, with quite a positive experience, my most recent visit can only be described as abysmal.


Kimchi chicken wrap

We decided to visit NeNe Chicken during a night out, as some of us had gotten quite hungry and most restaurants had started to close. While I have visited NeNe Chicken for their Korean fried chicken before, I decided to go with the wrap this time around as I was looking for something quick that I could eat on the go, this turned out to be a huge mistake. 

The ordering process itself took an abnormally long time, with us having to wait 20 minutes while the restaurant was not particularly full. After receiving my meal from an unenthusiastic looking staff member, I was quite keen to eat it. As I went to unwrap the wrap only minutes after purchasing it, I noticed that the package was soggy and disgusting. After a little effort, I managed to unwrap it without making a huge mess. However, to my disappointment, the sauce from the wrap had leaked everywhere which made it look like the wrap was sitting in a bowl of soup. Despite how the wrap looked, I decided to give it a try and eat it anyway, which was my second mistake of the night. I specifically chose the kimchi wrap because I wanted some extra flavour, however the entire wrap was basically just a soggy and flavourless mass which I had to throw out.

All of my previous visits to NeNe Chicken have been decent and I have enjoyed their Korean fried chicken. Unfortunately, after this recent experience I will most likely not visit again.




Food Rating 2/10
Overall Rating 2/10
NeNe Chicken Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato