Wednesday 13 September 2017

Le Clec

727 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn

Le Clec is a small cafe located in the middle of the bustling Glenferrie Road. They offer a variety of breakfast and lunch items on their menu, which are inspired by both modern French and Asian influences, as well as an extensive coffee and drinks list, with coffee by Five Senses.


 Beautiful courtyard

 Cold drip coffee

Cold drip is one of my favourite things in the world, it allows me to enjoy the flavour of the coffee I love, without having to feel unwell due to too much milk consumption. Although I love cold drip coffees in general, the cold drip at Le Clec is one of my favourite.

 LFC (Le Clec Fried Chicken)

My friend ordered the fried chicken which he enjoyed thoroughly. The chicken was cooked well with a nicely fried outer coating and tender chicken, which was complemented by the freshness of the apple slaw.

BBQ Ocean Trout Special

We were recommended the ocean trout special by a lovely staff member. Although the trout was just a tad overcooked, the dish was still very good. The fish on the dish had some amazing accompaniments, such as the crispy mozzarella-stuffed hash browns and possibly the best cooked poached eggs that I have ever seen.

It is not often that I find a cafe that I am itching to visit again, however my visit Le Clec left me wanting more. I will definitely be visiting Le Clec again and I would recommend the same for anybody else.

We were invited by and dined courtesy of Le Clec.





Food Rating 9/10
Overall Rating 9.5/10
Le Clec Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato